- New Opportunities, Inc.
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- MATURA Action Corporation
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Mid-Sioux Opportunity
- Des Moines Community Action Agency
- North Iowa Community Action Organization
- Northeast Iowa Community Action Corp
- Operation: New View Community Action Agency
- Operation Threshold
- Red Rock Area Community Action Program
- South Central Iowa Community Action Program
- Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Southern Iowa Economic Development Association
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.
- West Central Community Action
- Community Action Agency of Siouxland
Last year 1,905 Iowa families reduced their heating costs through weatherization programs, and 14,363 families received financial support for emergency energy assistance (Read More).
Mid-Sioux Moments Newsletter
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Children and the Next Election Webinar
Friday, July 31, 2015
Sealed Bids Being Accepted for 2004 Sierra Pickup
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Mid-Sioux Moments Newsletter
Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Mid-Sioux Offers Help, Hope to Families
Friday, July 10, 2015
Iowa Community Action Association - Building Stronger Communities Throughout Iowa
To be a forceful advocate in support of policies and services that address the needs of individuals and families striving for economic security.
Vision- Iowa Community Action is the premier force ensuring those with less achieve more.
- Community Action is committed to serve the best interests of people striving for economic security, thereby serving the best interests of everyone.
- All people can learn and increase their skills and knowledge.
- People and communities will respond when provided with opportunity for growth.
- Every person and every community has potential that has not yet been realized.
- Community Action staff strive for professional excellence through a foundation of evidence and research based practices.
- We value new and innovative approaches to strengthen individuals, families and communities.
- We believe in being held to a high standard of excellence and accountability.
The Community Action movement was created in 1964, as result of the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964. Since that time, Community Action has become a national network of local agencies that exist to develop solutions to poverty.
More than 330,000 Iowans are assisted annually by Iowa’s eighteen (18) Community Action Agencies (CAAs) through a wide range of services that are at the forefront of innovative strategies to empower low-income citizens to become self-sufficient and full participants in their communities.
Iowa’s CAAs are locally-based private, non-profit organizations that network with a wide-array of local organizations to enhance the opportunities for low-income Iowans (children and families) to meet basic needs and develop their own capacity to do so.
Iowa’s CAAs possess extremely efficient and effective delivery systems that maximize the federal, state and local resources in providing services to citizens in all of Iowa’s 99 counties, with $221,630,565 invested in the futures of low-income Iowans during Fiscal Year 2012.
Iowa’s CAAs, in partnership with the Iowa Community Action Association and the Division of Community Action Agencies, are committed to helping low-income Iowans change their lives by breaking the cycle of poverty and removing the barriers to achieve self-sufficiency.
Iowa Community Action Association Twitter Page
Click here to follow us on twitter