- New Opportunities, Inc.
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- MATURA Action Corporation
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Mid-Sioux Opportunity
- Des Moines Community Action Agency
- North Iowa Community Action Organization
- Northeast Iowa Community Action Corp
- Operation: New View Community Action Agency
- Operation Threshold
- Red Rock Area Community Action Program
- South Central Iowa Community Action Program
- Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Southern Iowa Economic Development Association
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.
- West Central Community Action
- Community Action Agency of Siouxland
Last year 1,905 Iowa families reduced their heating costs through weatherization programs, and 14,363 families received financial support for emergency energy assistance (Read More).
Eating A Rainbow
Monday, March 9, 2015
National Child & Adult Care Food Program Week: March 16th-22nd, 2015
Monday, March 2, 2015
Mid-Sioux Head Start is Recruiting Children for the 2015-2016 School Year!
Monday, March 2, 2015
CONVERSATION WITH VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN HAPPENED
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Mid-Sioux Moments Newsletter
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Rural Polk County Center
406 SW School Street, Suite 201, Ankeny, IA 50023 Phone: 515-965-0433
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance - Aids qualifying low-income households in the payment of a portion of their residential heating costs for the winter heating season.
Food Pantry - Provides food staples in emergency situations.
RAYS - Provides financial assistance for low-income youth to be able to participate in extracurricular activities.
Emergency Crisis Intervention - Assistance for repair/replacement of furnaces. Purchases heaters, blankets, fans and air conditioners.
Emergency Utility and Rent Assistance - Assistance with eviction notices and utility disconnects through direct payments to landlord/vendor.
Utility Assistance - Utility Company customer contributions help low-income customers pay their bills
Weatherization - Workers perform energy audit and weatherize homes with insulation, caulking, inefficient appliance replacement and furnace repair and replacement
FaDSS - Referrals to family development program
Lifeline Phone Assistance - Assistance completing applications
Aging Resources - Applications and referrals for advocacy and financial assistance for the elderly
Embrace Iowa - Apply for Des Moines Register Christmastime program
LIS - Low income subsidy assists low income elderly and/or disabled individuals pay for Medicare Part D costs
Suit Yourself - provides new or gently used suits to qualified applicants
RURAL POLK COUNTY NEWS