- New Opportunities, Inc.
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Community Action of Eastern Iowa
- MATURA Action Corporation
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Mid-Sioux Opportunity
- Des Moines Community Action Agency
- North Iowa Community Action Organization
- Northeast Iowa Community Action Corp
- Operation: New View Community Action Agency
- Operation Threshold
- Red Rock Area Community Action Program
- South Central Iowa Community Action Program
- Community Action of Southeast Iowa
- Southern Iowa Economic Development Association
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.
- West Central Community Action
- Community Action Agency of Siouxland
Last year 1,905 Iowa families reduced their heating costs through weatherization programs, and 14,363 families received financial support for emergency energy assistance (Read More).
Mid-Sioux Opportunity, Inc. is Accepting Bids for Two Mini Vans
Monday, July 28, 2014
Iowa Individual Disaster Assistance Grant Program
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Rock Rapids WIC Clinc
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Friday, June 13, 2014
Summer Pantry Party
Friday, June 13, 2014
The Des Moines Regester's Embrace Iowa program takes place annually and provides a benefit for up to $500 for emergency relief for households in need. Some important program points:
Applications will be considered for households at or below 150% of Federal HHS poverty guidelines.
First time applicants will be given a priority with the review process.
Applicants will be asked if they are willing to share their story with The Des Moines Register.
Documentation of need and cost estimate should be included.
Applicant information is confidential and used only for the evaluation of the application.
Application are accepted from November 1 - January 15.
Examples of non-routine emergency expenses considered:
- Medical or dental expenses
- Vehicle repairs
- Home repairs
- Child Care for those not covered under the Crisis Child Care Program
Embrace Iowa can also be utilized to provide a more stable living environment. Examples may include:
- Essential appliance or furniture
- Essential housewares
- Child Care for work/school
Routine expenditures related to maintaining a secure household will also be considered, but at a lower priority.
Please refer to the following guidelines and applications. Turn in completed applications to your nearest HACAP service sight.
PDF Embrace Iowa Appliication - 2010 (10.4 k)
PDF Embrace Iowa Guidelines for 2010- 2011 (16.9 k)
PDF Embrace Iowa Story Participant Form (7.3 k)